Manchester United have decided to listen to offers for Cristiano Ronaldo this summer.
According to SkySports, Erik ten Hag has privately agreed with the club’s hierarchy that they should listen to offers for Ronaldo.
This is despite the Dutchman’s claims that the 37-year-old is not for sale after the 37-year-old asked to leave the club last month.
Ronaldo returned to training for the first time on Tuesday but he was joined by his agent, Jorge Mendes and former manager, Sir AlexFerguson to discuss issues surrounding his future.
Ten Hag has insisted that the Portugal international is not for sale and that he has planned for the upcoming season.
There is now a feeling at Old Trafford that the club would be best served by cutting ties with Ronaldo.
The report says reintegrating Ronaldo into the group could prove more hassle than its worth, despite his obvious quality.
SkySports says United’s public stance has not changed but that behind the scenes the board and Ten Hag have agreed to listen to offers for the forward.